If you have any comments or additions, please CLICK HERE to go to the Contact Us page
Note: External links will open in a new tab – to get back here just close that new tab.
• All About Postmarks. The Royal Mail Guide to Postmarking Services.
• Goodbody, AM. Irish Railway Station Offices. Illustrated b/w. Railway Philately,
Vol 17 (No 4, pp 88-90, Sept 1983).
• Gowen, DP. Railway Station Postmarks. Illustrated b/w, 44 pp. Railway Philatelic Group, 1978.
ISBN-10: 0901667129, ISBN-13: 978-0901667120.
• Pipe W.T. Postmarks of British and Irish Railway Stations 1840-1997. Definitive reference text, illustrated b/w, 94 pp. Published by the Railway Philatelic Group, 1997. ISBN: 0 901667 25 0
(price £15 plus p+p). Contains illustrations of all known types of GB and Ireland Railway Station Postmarks and their sub-varieties, plus listings of which were used at which railway stations (including postmark text and known usage dates).
• Postal History of GB Railway Postmarks A detailed list of TPO, Station Post Office, Railway Sub Office, and Railway Sorting Office postmarks (not illustrated).
• Scottish Postmark Group. The “EDINR M” Postmark. Illustrated b/w, 6 pp. Article from the ‘Official Souvenir Handbook of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations of the Edinburgh PS. Published by the Society, 1977.